Queens Park Rangers U23s 3 Charlton U23s 3

Charlton were cruelly denied all three points at the Kiyan Foundation Stadium as Deshane Dalling converted a stoppage-time penalty in a thrilling 3-3 draw at QPR on Friday.

The Addicks were rewarded for a strong opening period when trialist Josh Davison struck first for the visitors in West London, sliding in at the back post to finish off Toby Stevenson’s low cross with just five minutes on the clock.

The hosts were level in the 18th minute when Dylan Duncan converted from 12 yards after being fouled by Adam Mathews.

Duncan nearly added a second two minutes later with a rasping left-footed drive, fired just wide of Ben Amos’ goal.

Charlton regained the lead in the 24th minute, pouncing on a piece of catastrophic QPR defending. Nathan Carlyle mistimed a backpass forcing Rs ‘keeper Nathan Brozowski to illegally handle the ball. Otzumer stepped up and hit the indirect free-kick into the wall before smashing his second effort into the bottom corner.

15 minutes from half-time Bansal-McNulty nearly claimed a second equaliser for the hosts, but Amos was at full stretch to palm the effort wide.

Otzumer, now running the show from the middle of the pitch, curled a left footed shot towards the top corner but Brozowski pushed it wide as Charlton looked to open up a two-goal lead.

On the stroke of half-time, Bansal-McNulty again tested Amos with a free-kick bending away from the ‘keeper, but the Manchester United youth product managed to dive across his goal and claw it to safety.

Five minutes after the restart Charlton had the ball in the net when Davison converted Oztumer’s cross, but celebrations were curtailed by the linesman’s raised flag.

QPR were next to be denied a goal by the officiating crew when Walker saw a headed effort chalked off with the ball out of play before it found its way to the QPR attacker.

The hosts got back on level terms in the 73rd minute through Nathan Carlyle’s effort, drilled low into the left-hand corner.

Parity lasted just five minutes before the Addicks took their third lead of the match, Ben Dempsey heading home from Forster-Caskey’s corner.

Charlton defended strongly and were headed for three points until a harshly awarded penalty gave Deshane Dalling the opportunity to equalise deep into stoppage time at the Kiyan Price Foundation Stadium.

Charlton U23s: Amos, Matthews, Yao, Mingi, Stevenson, Dempsey, Forster-Caskey, Powell (Quitirna 76’), Oztumer, Davison (Vennings 85’), Isiaka (Clayden 72’).

Subs (unused): Harness, Vega.

Goals: Davison 5, Oztumer 24, Dempsey 78

Report: cafc.co.uk
Photo: Tom West