Hit the crossbar and win cash!
One lucky Valley Gold member is given the chance to take part in the Valley Gold Crossbar Challenge. The competition is simple, take one shot, hit the crossbar in front of the Covered End and win a cash prize.
Valley Gold Members and Jackpot Ticket purchasers are selected at random to take part, so you could be our next Crossbar Challenge winner.
Prizes start at £500!
The prize starts at £500 and will increase each matchday by £500 until the crossbar is struck. If a participant is successful, the prize reverts back to £500 at the following match.
Unsuccessful participants will be given a choice of three envelopes, each with a consolation prize.
Terms and Conditions
- Valley Gold members, and Jackpot ticket purchasers, need to be over 16 years of age. However, if you nominate another individual to take your kick, they do not need to be over 16 years of age.
- Entrants will alternate between a Valley Gold member selected at random by the Valley Gold administrator in the week prior to the fixture, and a Jackpot ticket purchaser from the previous fixture.
- The kick will be taken from the edge of the D.
- There will be one kick per participant, per matchday.
- There is one overall prize starting at £500, which will increase each home matchday by £500 until the crossbar is struck.
- If a participant successfully strikes the crossbar with a valid kick, the prize fund is won and then subsequently reverts back to £500 the following match.
- If a participant is unsuccessful with their attempt, they will choose from one of three envelopes, each offering a consolation prize.
- The individual selected to take part may nominate another individual to take their kick. However, any prize or consolation prize won will be given to the original individual selected.
- Charlton Athletic Football Club, and Charlton Club, are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur during participation in this competition.
- A judge (positioned adjacent to the crossbar) will indicate the result of the kick.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- This competition is not open to Charlton Athletic Football Club, or Charlton Club, employees or their families.
- By accepting the prize, the winner grants Charlton Athletic Football Club, and Charlton Club, the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as they may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes.
- People entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.