Albie Morgan recorded two assists on Saturday at The Valley as the Addicks’ academy graduate continued his excellent recent form in the side to help Charlton to a 3-2 win.
The 22-year-old has now played 92 games for Charlton since making his debut in 2017.
Matt Baker, Chair of Valley Gold said: “It’s brilliant for fans and it’s brilliant for everybody when we see one of our youngsters who have come through the academy have an impact like that.
“The fans love seeing some of our own coming through and playing. We’ve always been good at that as a club and that’s where Valley Gold has come in over the years. We’ve been supporters of the academy system for a number of years and again we’re seeing some fruit of that. It’s great to see Albie doing so well in the first team.”
For an annual subscription fee of £120, fans can help to support the club’s esteemed academy in unearthing the talents of tomorrow. Supporters can also win cash prizes at every home league match, £10 vouchers in Valley Gold’s daily draw and five random lucky members can watch a match in style from Valley Gold’s Executive Box in the Alan Curbishley Stand.
Since Valley Gold’s inception in 1989, no fewer than 102 academy graduates have featured in the Addicks’ first-team – including five full England internationals in Lee Bowyer, Paul Konchesky, Scott Parker, Jonjo Shelvey and Joe Gomez.
Valley Gold membership benefits include:
- £15 season ticket discount*
- 10% discount in the club shop – and 15% on two selected Christmas shopping days!
- Greater ticket priority to away games, and those matches that are in high demand*
- Valley Gold pin badge
- Discount on Junior Reds membership
- Regular e-newsletter and bi-annual full newsletter
- Entry into U18 and U21 academy matches (you must produce your membership card)
* In order to qualify for the £15 season ticket discount and priority tickets, you must have paid at least £60 towards your Valley Gold membership.
Article courtesy of cafc.co.uk