Charlton Club Crossbar Challenge Launches
A new, half-time competition will launch at The Valley on Saturday, September 17th when we host AFC Wimbledon.
The Charlton Club Crossbar Challenge aims to capture the imagination of the SE7 faithful and will provide supporters with the chance to win up to £10,000.
The competition is open to one fan per matchday, giving them the opportunity to win the rollover jackpot.
The exciting new initiative is being run by Charlton Club, the organisation behind Valley Gold and the matchday Jackpot draw. Charlton Club donates most of its proceeds to the highly-successful Academy system at Charlton Athletic Football Club – which has produced a long line of great players over the years, including Steve Brown, Scott Parker, Chris Solly and Ademola Lookman.
Starting at £500, the jackpot will increase by £500 each matchday, if it is not hit. Should it not be hit until our final home game of the season against Swindon Town in April, the jackpot will stand at £10,000.
Eligibility is open to jackpot ticket purchasers* and all members of Valley Gold – the sponsors of the event – who will automatically be entered into the draw. They will be tasked with striking the crossbar from the edge of the D (22 yards out) in just one shot.
Should the participant fail to strike to crossbar, they will be able to pick one of three envelopes, each containing a consolation prize.
*Any fan who buys a jackpot ticket is eligible to enter for our next home match. In order to enter, you must write your name, phone number and e-mail address on the back of your ticket and put it in one of the red postboxes located around The Valley.
Postboxes will be located at Main Reception, at either end of the East Stand, at exit gates 12 and 15 of the West Stand, at the bottom of the stairs to the North-West Quadrant and Family Stand, outside exit gate 4 of the North Stand and next to the Information Point boards in the North Upper.
Please see below to read the competition’s terms and conditions.
1. Valley Gold members, and Jackpot ticket purchasers, need to be over 16 years of age. However, if you nominate another individual to take your kick, they do not need to be over 16 years of age.
2. Entrants will alternate between a Valley Gold member selected at random by the Valley Gold administrator in the week prior to the fixture, and a Jackpot ticket purchaser from the previous fixture.
3. The kick will be taken from the edge of the D
4. There will be one kick per participant, per matchday.
5. There is one overall prize starting at £500, which will increase each home matchday by £500 until the crossbar is struck.
6. If a participant successfully strikes the crossbar with a valid kick, the prize fund is won and then subsequently reverts back to £500 the following match.
7. If a participant is unsuccessful with their attempt, they will choose from one of three envelopes, each offering a consolation prize.
8. The individual selected to take part may nominate another individual to take their kick. However, any prize or consolation prize won will be given to the original individual selected.
9. Charlton Athletic Football Club, and Charlton Club, are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur during participation in this competition.
10. A judge (positioned adjacent to the crossbar) will indicate the result of the kick.
11. The judge’s decision is final.
12. This competition is not open to Charlton Athletic Football Club, or Charlton Club, employees or their families.
13. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Charlton Athletic Football Club, and Charlton Club, the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as they may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes.
14. People entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.